Thursday, April 24, 2008

How fast is fast?

Speed, speed, speed.

Speed contributes to better service and can give customers a pleasant surprise. I myself was surprised at how fast a car workshop took to repair my damaged car. It required a new rear bumper and some repair work on a big dent in the rear. In noting that this would require some workmanship skills as well as painting, I estimated it would take the workshop 3 to 4 days to get it done.

Surprise! CK Chan of Kim Foom Motor in Segambut told me if I sent the car in today, I could pick it up the next evening. Now I'm sure you have sent your car in for repairs before and next day collection for bodywork is practically unheard of. Naturally I was pleasantly surprised at the speed promised and proceeded to drop the car off in the afternoon about 12.30 p.m.

The next day I received a call from CK telling me that my car was ready to be collected. And that was 11 a.m! Another surprise! He exceeded my expectations! And he even offered to have someone send the car to my office or home!

Great service is ALIVE! Great work CK and great job done on the car too.

You see, exceeding customers' expectations is POSSIBLE. And when customers get great service like this, they will usually tell at least 5 other people about their experience. So here it is. Now you heard.

No comments: